New Designs and Designer of the Week on ABS

Each month, Art Bead Scene hosts a challenge about creating something using an art bead that fits within the monthly theme. This challenge is open to jewelry-makers, fiber artists, collage artist, etc... The challenge is to inspire those who use art beads and to see all the different ways art beads can be incorporated into your handiwork.

This month was all about Paul Klee. "Primitive art, surrealism, cubism, and children's art all seem blended into his small-scale, delicate paintings, watercolors, and drawings." I love it and it did inspire me.

It inspired me this little Calipso bracelet. Here's the comment I left with my entry: "I really enjoyed working on this month’s challenge. I called my piece Calypso. It is a bracelet that features my own polymer clay and lampwork beads. I was really inspired by the symbols in Klee’s painting and reproduced some of them in the three central beads. I also loved that he used printed newspaper as a base so I used some on the back of the clay beads. But Instead of the delicate colours chosen by Klee, I used primary and more brightful colors, layering them with a sponge to get that reminiscent texture."

Calipso was chosen "Design of the week" by ABS. I am very honored, thank you:) You can find it in VerreDesign's Etsy shop, along with these new earrings designs:

Unconventional Baroque, Hydrangea, Volute

Thanks for stopping by! Have a terrific day,



Patricia Wood

VerreDesign
http://www.verredesign.etsy.com

--

Comments

Popular Posts