Wishful Creating

I was chatting with a fellow designer that at some point asked me if I was putting any "intention" in my work.

Tricked question? "How do you mean?" I asked.

Well, are you putting out some kind of wish or intention into your pieces as you are making them?


Tricked question indeed...


Should I tell her that designing and creating always makes me happy? That I think this is probably showing in my colorful work and attention to details? That I only focus on what I do when I create, especially at the torch? That yes, I smile everytime I complete a piece and take time to appreciate it? That I wish each of my little pieces of art will bring joy and smiles to the person who is going to wear it? That, yes, I even send positive thoughts to the person who buys one of my designs as I carefully and lovingly package it? Should I say all that?

My answer was short but included all of the above "I guess you might say so:)".

How about you? Do you put any intention into your work?












Hope you'll find time for yourself today and simply enjoy being:) And that you'll find a little time as well to prepare a postcard for Satori.

Thank's and take care,


Patricia Wood
VerreDesign

--

Comments

  1. Intention is such a touchy subject! So often I hear artists talk about their intention in highly intellectual or esoteric terms. My own intention seems pathetically unimportant in comparison to them, so I was happy to see that yours is similar--I want someone to get something I've created and smile. It's good to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always put intention into my work. Whether it is desiring that my work will bring hope to someone else, or that it will find a happy home and bring joy to someone's heart, I am continually creating with intention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I intend for the piece to be pretty. I wish others to think so. I don't get to wound up about it otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like the other posters that I put intention in that it be pretty and pleasing to the eye and that it grace someone's home and heart. Other than that, I let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My intention is to make someone happy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! I sure do appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your words and thoughts:)

Popular Posts