Sacred Coffee

Day off. Treated myself to a grande cafè latte at Starbucks. 

There were these two older women sitting at a table behind me, and two 12 year old girls at my right. It felt like if I was at the middle point of a life line. No music was playing, so I fully enjoyed my coffee while overhearing the conversations.


Here's what I've learned:

1- I couldn't get a thing of what was going on behind me because the ladies would not stop giggling. The walker next to them was no sign of them slowing down or giving up on sharing a good time and making the best out of it;

2- Being 12 is really complicated. I had forgotten about the hair, and the other girls, and the boys, and the exams, and the parents, and the teachers, school in general, rules in particular, and how you want so much to fit in and how badly you seek validation when you're younger;

3- You may unawarely make people smile and warm their hearts by the simple act of laughing - the ladies made it so for me - so keep on doing it;

4- Having a friend to go out and laugh hard with or confide in when everything seems to be wrong is precious, no matter how old you are;

5- Keep it simple and choose wisely who you surround yourself with.

Best coffee I've had in a long, long time:) Sacred. Grateful.

What are you grateful for today?

Take care,

Patricia




______________________________

Comments

Popular Posts