I am a Goddess. A Chocolate Syrup Goddess.
That thought came to my mind as I watched the happy and now sticky faces around me. Who knew chocolate drizzles over vanilla ice cream could upgrade my mortal status to deity?
Made me smile. And grateful. And I started counting my blessings.
- I am grateful for that little yellow bird I keep seeing these days around the house;
- I am grateful for that lovely place I call home, that I feel good and safe in;
- I am grateful for my senses of touch, of sight, of smell, of hearing and of tasting, that allow me to experience the world in so many different and exquisite ways;
- I am grateful for my family and friends for being my companions in life and for supporting me;
- I am grateful for technology, computers, phones, TV, blogs, etc., as they connect me to the world and allow me to learn and discover so many new amazing things every single day;
- I am grateful for laughter and smiles as they make my heart sings;
- I am grateful for life and to be alive - ain't that the greatest gift ever?;
- I am grateful for my chocolate syrup recipe that every one enjoys so much:)
Here is my Goddess Chocolate Syrup Recipe
Great with ice cream. Mix with milk to get chocolate milk. Five minutes to make:)
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Mix cocoa with sugar in sauce pan*.
- Add small amount of water and mix to form a paste. Add rest of water and stir.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Stop stirring once boiling.
- Let boil for 3 to 4 minutes. Three for a more liquid sauce, up to four for thicker consistency.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Stir.
- Let cool stirring occasionally. Keep in the fridge, in air tight container or covered with plastic wrap.
* Make sure there's room left in your sauce pan after you've added the water: the syrup will bubble and expand when boiling.
Enjoy! Have a terrific day and week-end,