Random Friday - Chocolate Syrup Goddess and Gratitude


I am a Goddess. A Chocolate Syrup Goddess.


That thought came to my mind as I watched the happy and now sticky faces around me. Who knew chocolate drizzles over vanilla ice cream could upgrade my mortal status to deity?

Made me smile. And grateful. And I started counting my blessings.
  • I am grateful for that little yellow bird I keep seeing these days around the house;
  • I am grateful for that lovely place I call home, that I feel good and safe in;
  • I am grateful for my senses of touch, of sight, of smell, of hearing and of tasting, that allow me to experience the world in so many different and exquisite ways;
  • I am grateful for my family and friends for being my companions in life and for supporting me;
  • I am grateful for technology, computers, phones, TV, blogs, etc., as they connect me to the world and allow me to learn and discover so many new amazing things every single day;
  • I am grateful for laughter and smiles as they make my heart sings;
  • I am grateful for life and to be alive - ain't that the greatest gift ever?;
  • I am grateful for my chocolate syrup recipe that every one enjoys so much:) 


Here is my Goddess Chocolate Syrup Recipe 

Great with ice cream. Mix with milk to get chocolate milk. Five minutes to make:)

  • ½ cup cocoa
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla
  1. Mix cocoa with sugar in sauce pan*.
  2. Add small amount of water and mix to form a paste. Add rest of water and stir.
  3. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Stop stirring once boiling.
  4. Let boil for 3 to 4 minutes. Three for a more liquid sauce, up to four for thicker consistency.
  5. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Stir.
  6. Let cool stirring occasionally. Keep in the fridge, in air tight container or covered with plastic wrap.

* Make sure there's room left in your sauce pan after you've added the water: the syrup will bubble and expand when boiling.


Enjoy! Have a terrific day and week-end,

Patricia 



______________________________

Comments

Popular Posts