Wednesday's Thought - Doing Things Differently
Happiness just doesn't "happen". We often times have to work on it.
Happiness has to come from within and it is only our responsability to let it show, and let it flow. Nobody but yourself will make it last.
Happiness is not something
ready made. It comes
from your own actions.
– Dalai Lama
Interestingly, Chiara Fucarino wanted to now how do people make themselves happy.
- Don’t hold grudges.
- Treat everyone with kindness.
- See problems as challenges.
- Express gratitude for what they already have.
- Dream big.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Speak well of others.
- Never make excuses.
- Get absorbed into the present.
- Wake up at the same time every morning.
- Avoid social comparison.
- Choose friends wisely.
- Never seek approval from others.
- Take the time to listen.
- Nurture social relationships.
- Eat well.
- Live minimally.
- Tell the truth.
- Establish personal control.
- Accept what cannot be changed.
Happy people maintain a positive outlook on life and remain at peace with themselves.
We can easily point out the habits already well integrated into our lives - and that is great. Inviting the habits we are less familiar with into our lives may just be the opportunity happiness had been waiting for to flow gracioiusly in our bodies and in our souls. Something to think about.
Sending happy thoughts your way,