Wednesday's Thought - On Seeing Others and Validation


It often times start with a simple word or a smile.

Everybody needs validation - and no, it is not an "ego" thing. Yes, we are worthy because we are. But humans are social beings, meaning, like the Dalaï Lama points out: "...  that most of our happiness arises in the context of our relationships with others."

In some parts of Africa, when one indigenous people approaches another, they pause, face each other and look directly in each others eyes. One says something meaning "I see you". Conncecting throught the eyes, the other replies "I am here".

That greeting also means something like, “Until you see me I do not exist. When you see me, you bring me into existence.” We are all connected. We are all one.

When we connect with the soul, who we truly are, all things positive are present - joy, acceptance, compassion, understanding, loving, humor, simplicity... It is the nature of the soul. 

Here's a video on validation and kind words. Sixteen minutes long but worth watching.



I hope today someone has a kind word for you while looking directly into your eyes, connecting with her/his soul, truly seeing you.

Have a wonderful day,

Patricia



______________________________

Comments

Popular Posts