“When people feel happy, they tend to feel confident, optimistic, and energetic and others find them likable and sociable. Happy people are thus able to benefit from these perceptions,” says Professor Lyubomirsky, a psychologist at the University of California, who investigated the connections between life success, well-being and desirable personal characteristics..
She adds: "Happy people are more successful in business and their happiness doesn’t come about because of their success, it precedes it."
Here are the top 10 reasons happiness will help you in your work:
- People feel more comfortable confiding in you.
- People are more likely to follow your recommendations.
- You find yourself a source of material comfort or security for someone else.
- People whom you’ve introduced often want to have a continuing relationship.
- People drift toward you, join a conversation that you’re having, and sit down next to you at a meeting.
- You are more likely to be involved in the improvement or growth of an organization, group, or process that involves many other people.
- You are likely providing opportunities for other people – job leads, blind dates, contacts in a new city, and so on.
- People whom you hardly remember will go out of their way to greet you warmly.
- People seem to want to connect with you — by making plans or by e-mailing, calling, or texting.
- People seem energized by you.
Try to think who you like to follow on Facebook, Tweeter, Blogger... Would they fit in the "Happy" category? In my case, they do!
Now what if you work from home? How can this top 10 list apply? Look closely and you'll see it all comes down to making connections and customer service. Try to transpose happiness in everything you do.
Be happy and let it show!
Have a great day,