Happy Birthday Earth Day! Are You Going a Little Greener?

Earth Day 2010, is April 22nd and "forty years after the first Earth Day, the world is still in great peril. While climate change is the greatest challenge of our time, it also presents the greatest opportunity – an unprecedented opportunity to build a healthy, prosperous, clean energy economy now and for the future.

Earth Day 2010 can be a turning point to advance climate policy, energy efficiency, renewable energy and green jobs. Earth Day is galvanizing millions who make personal commitments to sustainability: it is a pivotal opportunity for individuals, corporations and governments to join together and create a global green economy. Join the more than one billion people in 190 countries that are taking action for Earth Day."

I guess we are all taking action at different levels, whether by recycling, bringing reusable bags at the grocery store, choosing less fuel consuming cars, turning the heat down at night... not only is it good for the environment but many times, for our wallets too! Let's keep it up and challenge ourselves to save even more. If you're like me, you can probably find a couple more things to do:)

To find new ideas and inspiration, visit:
. Go Green with the Etsy Twitter Team (many prices to be won!)

My challenge is to find 5 more "green" things to do and incorporate into my life. How many do you think you can come up with?

I'll share one of my latest finds: baking soda! We should use it way more often, and I don't mean only for cooking! I actually uncloged my drain using the "recipe" I found here: Baking Soda - A Natural Source.

Have a wonderful green day and week-end everyone,


Patricia Wood
VerreDesign

--

Comments

Post a Comment

Hello! I sure do appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your words and thoughts:)

Popular Posts