Geometric Mix Media Paintings

I completed the mix media pieces I've been working on. They look so simple but there is a lot of work involved and it took me quite a few hours to complete them. I can hear you thinking: "Really?". Yep, really! lol!!!

I applied paper onto the canvas and played with texture and colors from there. I just loved making the wrinkles and ripples apparent. I used acrylic and oil paint, oil pastels and protected the pieces by applying 2 coats of satin finish varnish. I usually prefer glossy but I think satin was what these needed.

They are not framed yet and will list them as is in my Etsy Shop later today. There are so many ways and styles that could be chosen with contemporary pieces like these! Hope they will find a good home:)

Take care and have a wonderful day,

Patricia Wood
VerreDesign

Comments

  1. This is a 'timeless' collection. It's solid and beautifully executed. A must have for any savvy art collector. Best of success.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! I sure do appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your words and thoughts:)

Popular Posts