My Favorite Fashionista Diva, Edna Mode

"I never look back, darling!
It distracts from the now."

Meet my Twitter Avatar and fabulous friend, Edna Mode:)


Edna Mode (E) is a supporting character from the movie The Incredibles. A half-Japanese, half-Germand fashion designer and auteur, Edna has created custom-made original outfits for superheroes - designing for gods, as she puts it.

Edna is completely rejecting capes in any design for safety reasons. Very talented, she is also very demanding.

E is intented to be a combination fashion maven/gadget builder along the lines of "Q" from the James Bond movies.

"E is as eccentric and bold as clothing designers come. The pint-sized fashionista with a personality ten times her size has a flair that only a superhero could truly appreciate." - Official Pixar Website.

--------------------------------------
Here are some of my favorite Edna's quotes. Click on the highlited links to watch some of the performances related to the quotes:)

"My God, you've gotten fat. "

"Milan, darling. Milan. Supermodels. Heh! Nothing super about them... spoiled, stupid little stick figures with poofy lips who think only about themselves. Feh! I used to design for *gods*! "

"No capes!"


"
Yes, words are useless. Gobble, gobble, gobble. There is too much of it, darling. Too much. That is why I show you my work! That is why you are here!"

"-I didn't know the baby's powers so I covered the basics.
-Jack-Jack doesn't have any powers.
-No? Well, he'll look fabulous anyway."

"I cut it a little roomy for the free movement, the fabric is comfortable for sensitive skin... [a sheet of flame erupts in front of the suit] And it can also withstand a temperature of over 1000 degrees. Completely bulletproof... [four heavy machine guns appear and open fire on the suit, without effect] And machine washable, darling. That's a new feature."

"
Pull-yourself-together! "What will you do?" Is this a question? You will show him you remember that he is Mr. Incredible, and you will remind him who *you* are. Well, you know where he is. Go, confront the problem. Fight! Win!"

Comments

  1. How fun! Great write up!

    My hubby and I will name our son after Dash! We are obsessed with the Incredibles! Love it!

    LOVE Edna Mode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post! I love your da-a-aling little avatar, just perfect!
    We all need a little alter ego, got me thinking...LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! I sure do appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your words and thoughts:)

Popular Posts