Let's talk procrastination...

I tweeted the following this week-end: “what should I talk about on my blog next week?” Someone suggested I talk about Procrastination. So here we go...




I’d like to say first that I waited until the last minute to write this.

Let’s start with a brief definition:
“Procrastination is a behavior which is characterized by deferment of actions or tasks to a later time...”

Oups, phone is ringing, be right back...

‘was my sister. She said she bought the cutest little hat this week-end! Can’t wait to see it!

Where was I... Oh! Yes... “ Psychologists often cite procrastination as a mechanism for coping with the anxiety associated with starting or completing any task or decision...”

Sorry again, just thought I could lunch with her tomorrow. Who? My sister! Who just bought the cutest little hat for the wedding! Don’t move, going to call her - be right back...!

Yepi! Having lunch in Old Montreal tomorrow – hee hee!!! So let’s continue: “...Psychology researchers also have three criteria they use to categorize procrastination...”

Wonder what color it is? What? No, not procrastination – The cutest little hat my sister just bought for our friend’s wedding! Silly you!!! You’re distracting me! Where was I... yes, yes... “For a behavior to be classified as procrastination, it must be counterproductive, needless, and delaying.”

Know what? I’ll finish this later, if you don’t mind. Got to get a cute hat for my friend’s wedding. Talk to you tomorrow! Have a great day:)

Comments

  1. Ah Fark-y Fark... I wrote something down and IE -# whatever it is, screwed up... ok, I make a million lists all the time just so I don't do whatever you just wrote about ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, well, I guess I do procrastinate but I prefer to think of it as doing what I went when I want to do it which isn't necessarily when it needs to get done...

    But boy do I have a good list going....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! I sure do appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your words and thoughts:)

Popular Posts