Thursday Feature: The Wonderful World of Donna and DZ Fantasy

I am please to introduce you today to Donna, creator of DZ Fantasy.

Donna is a 3D-Fiber artist who has been designing and creating fibber sculpted fantasy figures for the past 12 years.
.
“It is through my love of nature, working with unique fabrics, yarns, colors and fantasy, that my young at heart / DZFANTASY creations were born.”

Enter the magical work of this great and unique lady...

What inspired you to start your business? What drives you?
I am a self-taught artist, and I’ve been designing and creating for almost 14 years now. When I started out , I was making larger cloth dolls with painted faces and whose clothes I also designed. I thought it would be fun to try selling my creations at craft shows, and from that point on I was hooked. Through the years my designs have progressed to what they are now, and for the past 10 years, I sell my work in juried art shows, via my web page, special orders, and last year I found Etsy and opened my shop, DZFANTASY. Creating for me is a passion!

What do you love about it? And what challenges you?
I love how it lets me bring to life whatever my imagination comes up with! It is like being in a different world of color, whimsy and magic! It is a challenge to have an idea in your “mind’s eye”, and then figure out, how I can bring it to life.How would you describe yourself?I am a happy, outgoing person, who loves people, animals and nature. I can get frustrated if I feel I can’t spend the time I want to on my art!

Where do you find your inspiration?
I find it everywhere…it could be a flower, a piece of colorful fabric or yarn, a beautiful sunset, birds, trees, a leaf, you name it…..! There is magic everywhere, if we take the time to notice it.What part of your day do you love the most?I love it at night when I can stay up late and work on a creation without any outside interruptions. It is a time to really let go and be in a different world.

Any advice for others dreaming of following in your footsteps?
My advice is to go with your inner inspirations of what you want to create and where you want it to take you. Do what makes YOU feel good, and what expresses the “inner you”. If you are true to yourself, then you will always find joy in creating!

Name one person, place or thing everyone should know about?
I really don’t think there IS any one person, place or thing that would have a profound meaning for everyone.

What is the most important thing you can do to change the world?
I think the most important thing that ANYONE can do to change this world we live in, is to realize that we are ALL ONE, and to love everything….each other, animals, plants, earth itself. Until mankind realizes this, the world won’t be a very nice place to live in.

Where can we find you?
I can be found at:
DZFANTASY on ETSY: http://dzfantasy.etsy.com/,
YOUNG AT HEART (my web page): http://dzfairies.com/

My favorite color: I LOVE all colors
Favorite animal: Dog,
No favorite movies or books
Favorite food: pizza
Favorite person: my sister
Country, Folk...: I don’t watch videos or go to the movies ….I’d rather be creating!

Name one thing very few people know about you – I’m an open book……what you see is what you get!
.
Please visit Donna's Etsy shop and FuzzB. You can also order some custom work by contacting her at dzfairies@msn.com
.
Thank you so much Donna for your generosity. Continue to amaze us and to create such unique and beautiful fiber sculptures:)

Comments

Popular Posts