Reflect and get set: where are you at?

I had a couple of challenges and things I wanted to accomplish this week. And I can say I did good:)

For instance, I had set some goals for my Etsy and my online shops past Monday. I am where I wanted to be in "number of items posted". Yep, I've reach magic number 45! I had also targeted "2 online sales" for this week... Got them in person but still waiting for them to happen in the virtual world. But with 3 days left to the week, I'm confident they'll happen:)

I also looked around and visited a lot of successful Etsy jewelry shops this week. I saw really beautiful things. Some people are so talented, creative and passionate! I was "wowed" many many times.
Something surprised me though: the only thing they all had in common was... good pictures and presentations! It was not about the originality of the designs, if it is was all real or plated, not even about prices. Successful sellers all have a great way to show their products and take really good pictures. In addition, positive feed-back support their photos and descriptions. Voilà the winning combination!
Vertigo, by VerreDesign
A friend of mine, who is a lawyer, once told me "It's not about what is said as much at how it is said. An OK idea well presented and debated will always win over a super duper one that is not". My lawyer friend instincively understood marketing and sales :)

I'm thinking about diversifying my shop and maybe offer lampwork bead sets. Not sure, I'll see. Also add silver rings and pendants. I love working with silver but I'm too caught up in glass right now, it will have to wait a little.

What else do you think I should offer? And what do you think about my pictures? Let me know your thoughts!

Your turn now, let me know how was your week. Did you accomplish what you had planed? Are you where you wanted to be at? Take a moment and share it here.

Have a wonderful Friday! Talk to you tomorrow:)

Comments

  1. Hey Verre,
    We are Twitters together. I think I did ok this week. It started off a little shaky and then by the end of the week after what I thought could be a rest from the gallery til the next show, I get pulled into a fundraiser, during April. So two steps forward get taken away. Oh well. I think it will be a great fundraiser...
    I don't think I planned anything. Only to get bills paid. Sad I know.
    No, I guess I didn't do a dang thing. There's always tomorrow right?
    Good blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your posts! After reading this one I went and took a close look at your etsy shop. I really love your pictures and I think your shop has a really unified look - meaning everything looks like it belongs together and is part of a cohesive design aesthetic. I love your descriptions and you have some really creative whimsical pieces alongside some simple pieces. So, yeah, I love it all. I don't know if that's helpful or not, but I sure had a good time looking at everything!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! I sure do appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your words and thoughts:)

Popular Posts